Ace of Spades
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ace of Spades

Welcome to AoS forum website :)

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Weekend Raiding (sign ups?)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Skosh
Peon
Peon

Weekend Raiding (sign ups?) Empty
PostSubject: Weekend Raiding (sign ups?)   Weekend Raiding (sign ups?) EmptySun Jun 13, 2010 1:13 pm

Hey. Jotting this down really fast while Palaton is AFK at the Onyxia raid.

Yesterday we had a spontaneous event of a raid for Hyjal conflict with the set agreed upon time of 7:00 server time for Onyxia 10, VoA 10, and Naxx 10. At the end of the day, the 10 man raids were scrapped and more than one person was unhappy with the result.

Today we had an Onyxia 10 man raid in which people from the previous week's raid had their slot taken from them from brand new guild members or brand new 80's that were invited to join 20 minutes before the agreed upon 7:00 server time start up. And pepole were unhappy with this result.

Our guild is growing, more than 1 raid for things will have to happen for 10 mans, and people need to start respecting the set times for raids just as a common courtesy towards other players as well.

I'm not saying that this is a really huge set of issues. It's not. But we have unhappy players resulting from poor decision making, and it's time we generate feedback to prevent it from happening again.

See ya in game.
Back to top Go down
Skosh
Peon
Peon

PostSubject: Re: Weekend Raiding (sign ups?)   Weekend Raiding (sign ups?) EmptySun Jun 13, 2010 1:53 pm

As a follow up, I'm explaining here why I dropped from the raid. I'll leave the drama out and keep it simple. When guild members voiced their disappointment that their slots had been taken by new guild members or newly made 80's before the agreed upon 7:00 server time hit, it was given a token nod and the pressure was on for the raid to continue.

The raid chat had numerous "okay let's go" and "hurry let's get this done" rather than having sincere concern for the situation that everyone was a part of. Frankly, it made me sick. Again, if ANY of you had logged on to the server on time to discover this had happened to you, you would be pissed.

I wouldn't be a part of it. This wasn't a move for " Cassie is doing this out of spite to hold us up " - this was a " This Effing sucks and if I go for it, I'm going to have a crappy rest of the day/week due to my conscience. "

So, that's what was up.
Back to top Go down
Healadin
AoS Leader
AoS Leader
Healadin

PostSubject: Re: Weekend Raiding (sign ups?)   Weekend Raiding (sign ups?) EmptySun Jun 13, 2010 2:02 pm

I agree, although I do not play a large part in the guild HCs, I would like to. We need a form of charter in which people sign there names up for the specific raid. It should be on a first come first served basis and people should take it seriously when signing up.

Could you fill me on on the basics, if you would be so kind. I'd like to know are the HCs daily or weekly and the designated time. We need a format, in which people can signup via the forum, in-game or mail? It should be something like:

Naxxaramas 10 Man (7:00PM):

Initial slots

1. Palaton
2. Cassie
3. -Empty-
4. -Empty-
5. -Empty-
6. -Empty-
7. -Empty-
8. -Empty-
9. -Empty-
10. -Empty-

Back-up Slots (if any above drop out)

It shouldn't be 7:00-7:30 as it gives people an option to appear and people may begin to get impatient if they turn up at 7:00. Instead it should be stricter rules. Such as the inviting process will begin at 7:00PM. By 7:15PM the raid will begin and missing people will replaced unless they have previously mentioned they will be late or something. I know being replaced isn't nice but if you have signed up for a specific time then really you aught to be there. What do you think?

Because of poor organization methods 2 people may not be included in future guild HCs, which I hope isn't true and we can bring them back.

Especially today, where I hear VoA was planned followed by Ony - both 10 man. I don't think that switching them around a few minutes before should have occurred and a stricter process needs to be put in action.

As a side-note when I get the new website up and running I will implement a form of signing up for guild HCs, I will look at a satisfactory way of doing this, which shall notify registries via email of any changes, if any as well as emailing "backups" that a spot has become available. Oh, and of course it will notify you that the guild raid will begin in x amount of time.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/home.php#/profile.php?v=info&amp
Healadin
AoS Leader
AoS Leader
Healadin

PostSubject: Re: Weekend Raiding (sign ups?)   Weekend Raiding (sign ups?) EmptySun Jun 13, 2010 2:14 pm

Please sign up for HCs here

Not this is just a test of something I am thinking of including on the website.
I deem it very important that I have put my main website on hold for this.

Last edited by Healadin on Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/home.php#/profile.php?v=info&amp
Kahfon

PostSubject: Re: Weekend Raiding (sign ups?)   Weekend Raiding (sign ups?) EmptySun Jun 13, 2010 2:57 pm

I understand how you feel, Cassie. But there was one thing you forgot: Jaleel and Nikrooz said "It's okay". By voicing their rights, ignoring their pleas for peace in the guild, and jumping to prove what is right, I believe thats more or less disrespect towards them. Saying that, deep inside I agree with your actions and I bet 80% of my impulsive self would have done the same, given that I don't run off to Alliance. This might sound like I am joking around with serious stuff, no, I know they were hurt, I myself would have huddled up in a corner and cried myself out before returning, but things couldnt be changed afterwards and time can't be turned back, I believe you understand that, right? In such situations, the best thing I believe one can do is "nod, and remember that you owe them". I was planning to end up staying up late and try to quickly run through Onyxia with the group then rounding up the others, those who were left out, for VoA. That didnt work. But if you don't agree with my point of view, can you write me what you thought would be a better action in this situation?

On the other hand, I agree on the part that this was a long chain of bad decisions, slow intervention and, sadly, not enough leadership and planning. As much as I know, the officers currently don't know what to do either.
Healadin, a.k.a. Windy, is currently trying his best to fix things. He is, mostly, alone right now and needs help with how to do things. Unfortunately, he isn't familiar with alot of stuff, so we, those who supposedly know more, should try to help him out by explaining basic stuff. His current idea, as you can see, shows a flaw that can't be ignored, dispite his hard work.

Windy, dearest, organizing a raid is, sadly, harder than just posting that. We need a minimum of 4 people: 2 tanks and 2 Healers. Not Just any healers, sadly... and not just anyone can tank either. The guild, currently, sports a few healers and tanks, I admit that. But not enough to create 2 raids...
Back to top Go down
Slaytanic

PostSubject: Simple solution   Weekend Raiding (sign ups?) EmptySun Jun 13, 2010 5:49 pm

Hey guys, an easy solution for this is having predefined slots for sign-up. I know there's sites out there with suggested predefined group compositions for different raids. Just stick with those guidelines as closely as possible with a max of one or two people out of position. Ie: ony10 needs 2 tanks, 2 healers, 4 ranged, and 2 dps (might not be right, just off the top of my head). The healers and tanks are mandatory so no skimping there, but you may substitute one ranged for a dps for an out-of-slot position.

Sign-ups will work, but there needs to be guidelines.

Just my 2 cents. See you guys when I can,

slay
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Weekend Raiding (sign ups?)   Weekend Raiding (sign ups?) Empty

Back to top Go down

Weekend Raiding (sign ups?)
Page 1 of 1