Ace of Spades
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ace of Spades

Welcome to AoS forum website :)

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Server "Shut Down" Discussions

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Erusk
Erusk

Server "Shut Down" Discussions Empty
PostSubject: Server "Shut Down" Discussions   Server "Shut Down" Discussions EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 7:42 am

As you may already know, Bloodcraft is not always 100% reliable.

So here, we can discuss about servers downs.

Like right now. I came on and it was already down! 0.0

So not knowing why? I assume the worse.

Help each other relax by posting why the server has Shut Down. If you where on at the time It happened! Very Happy

I'm waiting to hear from you!
Back to top Go down
Healadin
AoS Leader
AoS Leader
Healadin

PostSubject: Re: Server "Shut Down" Discussions   Server "Shut Down" Discussions EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 11:24 am

Apparently it is down until Saturday where the host will resolve the "issue" Sad
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/home.php#/profile.php?v=info&amp
Erusk
Erusk

PostSubject: Re: Server "Shut Down" Discussions   Server "Shut Down" Discussions EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 11:49 am

what issue? Sad

and what time saterday :O
Back to top Go down
Myrna
Inactive

PostSubject: Re: Server "Shut Down" Discussions   Server "Shut Down" Discussions EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 12:35 pm

I've been on IRC.

The hosts (Mr_R and Electra) are out of town for some reason (I don't care about the reason, they are entitled to have a life) and will be back on Saturday. The server is completely unreachable (can't even be pinged), so the other GMs that have no physical access to it have to way of knowing exactly what is going on. It is probably something very simple, like when my modem get's stuck (limited or no connectivity) and it needs to be restarted. Or perhaps there was a power outage, and the server needs someone to press the power button.

I'm sure it's something very very simple, but it just needs someone to be there to "fix" it. I haven't heard what time on Saturday they will be coming back, but if they're coming back from a holiday or a visit to the family, let's be fair with them and not expect them to give us an exact time and stick to it.
Back to top Go down
Erusk
Erusk

PostSubject: Re: Server "Shut Down" Discussions   Server "Shut Down" Discussions EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 2:59 pm

Thanks Myrna.

Knowing the problem is not to big because the host is away for a little while is more assuring than the host working around the clock to fix it. as in he/she is having trouble.

I also never herd of: Mr_R and Electra lol

I'll just wait for Saturday, I can't wait to see you guys online again!
Back to top Go down
spetsnaz
Helper
Helper
spetsnaz

PostSubject: Re: Server "Shut Down" Discussions   Server "Shut Down" Discussions EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 6:26 pm

BALLS, how long do you guys think the rollback's going to be? I heard from someone that they were on IRC and apparently there may be a FIFTEEN day rollback?! I was like woah, no way! If that happened I would lose my level 80 and all of my gear! It would SUCK SO BAD!
Back to top Go down
http://www.darthmooisthebest.com/youfail/lolatyou
Erusk
Erusk

PostSubject: Re: Server "Shut Down" Discussions   Server "Shut Down" Discussions EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 6:48 pm

In most casses Mooster youd be right.

Bloodcraft saves all data after evry shut down or restart.

There was a core update about 6 days ago. that means It;s no more than 6 days for sure!

But I'm almost positive it wont be more than 24 hours. there was a shut down before I went to bed the other day. than i logged out. so we should be fine.

as long as the server comes back that is Smile
Back to top Go down
Myrna
Inactive

PostSubject: Re: Server "Shut Down" Discussions   Server "Shut Down" Discussions EmptyFri Jun 25, 2010 1:32 am

spetsnaz wrote:
BALLS, how long do you guys think the rollback's going to be? I heard from someone that they were on IRC and apparently there may be a FIFTEEN day rollback?! I was like woah, no way! If that happened I would lose my level 80 and all of my gear! It would SUCK SO BAD!

Darth, how long have you been in Bloodcraft?
What they said is complete bullshit. They are saying that because the first time we had an extended downtime (that was about a month after I came to Bloodcraft, there was a silly problem with the server while the hosts had gone on a two week vacation), right after it came back on, someone hacked it (almost impossible to happen again, they recruited the help of a couple of security experts and fixed all the vulnerabilities they had) and they had to recover data from the last backup (which back then were done every two weeks).
So, there were a few unlucky events, combined in a terrible timing, which resulted on a three week rollback (two weeks prior to the hosts vacation, plus the week or so that passed after it came back up, before it got hacked).

The GMs learned the lesson back then and started making automated backup every night at 6 AM realm time (have you ever seen the red text pirate announcements?).

So, the worst worst case scenario, we would be back to 6 AM the night before the crash.

But it will most likely be less, because other than the backups, the server automatically saves characters data every 15 minutes, every time you log out, and every time you interact with your bank. They explained that when the .save command was disabled for players.
Back to top Go down
Palaton
Admin
Palaton

PostSubject: Re: Server "Shut Down" Discussions   Server "Shut Down" Discussions EmptyFri Jun 25, 2010 3:25 am

Im guessing the host had a powerout, or a blown fuse.. and you just need som1 to turn it all back on Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Server "Shut Down" Discussions   Server "Shut Down" Discussions Empty

Back to top Go down

Server "Shut Down" Discussions
Page 1 of 1